Welcome Guest, Register and Log In to View Images, Make Posts and fully experience FunOnTheNet! This site is 100% free!
funonthenet

Funonthenet Community
FunOnTheNet Community
October 23, 2014, 04:34:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the FunOnTheNet Indian Discussion Forums! The largest, fastest and best discussion forums for India and the world!

New Users check out the - Forum Help Guide and the Forum FAQ/Tutorial

Home   Help Calendar Arcade Recent Topics Staff List Login Register  

Live Auto Updating Latest Topics!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: RUSKIN BOND  (Read 32090 times)
dax
Adv. Member

Posting Frequency

FRIENDS FOREVER

View Profile Stats
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2006, 08:43:20 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

hey aditi..
very informative post..u seem to have done some research on him..
+k for you..

"There are two eternities that can really break you down. Yesterday and Tomorrow. One is gone and the other does not exist... so live Today."

*AdiTi*
Super Elite Member

Posting Frequency

Mood
Angel

Topic starter

View Profile Stats
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2006, 09:27:27 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

hehehe.. no research man he was and still remains one of my fav. authors...

Aditi is the sky, Aditi is the ocean, Aditi is all the gods and the five tribes. Aditi is everything that has been born Aditi is everything that shall be born!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.aditideore.blogspot.com

dax
Adv. Member

Posting Frequency

FRIENDS FOREVER

View Profile Stats
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2006, 06:47:53 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

hey aditi..
good morning! Smiley
Whynot have any of his works on our FOTN. Roll Eyes
Could u pls. do the needful?!
Good day Cool

"There are two eternities that can really break you down. Yesterday and Tomorrow. One is gone and the other does not exist... so live Today."

*AdiTi*
Super Elite Member

Posting Frequency

Mood
Angel

Topic starter

View Profile Stats
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2006, 11:08:58 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

well Dax actually even i was thinking the same but the problem is his stories are not available on the net and i will have to type them.... i have no problem in tryping them either but most of my ruskin bond books are with friends. when i get them i will do my best to make them available for u'll

Aditi is the sky, Aditi is the ocean, Aditi is all the gods and the five tribes. Aditi is everything that has been born Aditi is everything that shall be born!!!!!!!!!!!!

*AdiTi*
Super Elite Member

Posting Frequency

Mood
Angel

Topic starter

View Profile Stats
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2006, 11:52:56 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

hey here i found one of the stories i had in std sixth i hope u enjoy it:
A PRET IN THE HOUSE
It was grandmother who decided that we must move to another house.It was all because of a pret ( to be pronounced as pr-(F)aith) a mischevious ghost who had been making life intolerable for everyone.
In India, prets usually live in peepul trees, and that where our pret first lived. He lived in the branches of an old peepul tree which had grown thorugh the compound wall. It had spread into the garden on our side and over the road on the other side.
For many years the pret had lived there quite happily, without bothering anyone in the house. I suppose the traffic on the road kept him fully occupied. Sometimes, when a tonga was passing, he would frighten the pony and as a result the little pony cart would go speeding off in the wrong direction. Occasionally he would get into the engine of a car or a bus, which would have abreakdown soon afterwards.He liked to knock of the hats of sahibs. They would then curse and wonder at the breeze that had sprung up suddenly and died  down as quickly as it had sprung. Although the pret could make himself felt, and sometimes heard, he was invisible to the human eye.
At night people avoided walking from beneath the peepul tree. It was said that if you yawned beneath the tree ,the pret would jump down your throat and ruin your digestion. Grandmothers tailor, Jaspal, who never had anything ready on time blamed the pret for all his troubles. Once while yawning Jaspal had forgotten to snap his fingers in front of his mouth-always  mandatory when yawning under the peepul tree-and the pret had gotr in without any difficulty.Since then Jaspal had always been suffering from tummy upsets.
But it had left our family alone, until one day the peepul tree had been cut down.
It was nobody's faultexcept ofcourse grandfather gave permission to the public works department to cut down the tree. It had been on our land and they wanted to widen the road.The tree and a bit of wall were in the way so both had to go. In any case not even ghost can prevail against the PWD.
Hardly had a day passed before we discovered that the pret deprived of his tree had decided to take up residence in our bungalow. Since a good pret must be bad in order to  justify his existence he was soon up to all sorts of mischeif in the house.
He began by hiding grandmothers specs whenever she took them off.
I'm sure i put them down on the dreesing table, she grumbled. A little laterthey were found balanced precariously on the snout of a wild boar whose stuffed and mounted head decorated the verandah wall. Being the only boy in the house i was first blamed for this prank but a day or two later when the spectacles disappeared again only to be discovered hanging from the wires of the parrots cage, it was agreed that some other agency was at work.
Grandfather was the next to be troubled. He went into the garden one morning to find all his prize sweet peas snipped off and lying on the ground.
It was the Uncle Ken's turn to suffer. He was a heavy sleeper. and once he'd gone to sleep he hated being woken up. So, when he came to the breakfast table looking bleary eyed and miserable, we asked if he was feeling alright.
I cudnt sleep a wink the last night he complained. 'Ever time i was about to fall asleep the bed clothes would be pulled off the bed.I had to get up atleast a dozen times to pick them off the floor. He stared balefully at me. "where were u sleeping last night?" I had an alibi. In grandfathers room i said. "that right" said grandfather. And I'm a light sleeper I'd have woken up he'd been sleep walking.
"Its that ghost from the peepul tree" said grandmother.
" its moved into the house. First my spectacles, then the sweet paes and now Ken's bedclothes" What will be next i wonder?"
We did not have to wonder long. There followed a series of diasters. Vases fell off tables, pictures fell from walls, parrots feahers turned up in the tea pot, while the parrot himself let out indignant squawks in the middle of night. Uncle Ken found a crows nest in his bed, and tossing it outof the window, was attacked by two crows.
Things got worse when Aunt Minnie came to stay. The pret seemed to take immediate dislike to Aunt Minnie. She was a nervous, excitable person, just th right sort of prey for a spiteful ghost.Somehow her toothpaste got switched witha tube of Grandfathers shaving cream. She appeared at the sitting room foaming at the mouth. Uncle Ken shouted that she'd got rabbies and we all ran for our lives.
We'll have to leave this hpuse declred grandmother. If we stay here much longer both KEn and MInnie will have nervous breakdowns.
"Anyway i agree about changing the house," i said breezily." i cant even do my homework the ink bottle is always empty"
"there was ink in the soup last night" complained grandfather.
Two bullock carts laden with furniture and heavy luggage were sent ahead. The roof of the old car was piled high with bags kitchen utensils. Everyone squeezed into the car, and grandfather took the driver's seat.
We were barely out of the gate when we heard a peculiar sound as if someone was chuckling and talking to himself on the roof of tha car.
Is the parrot out there on the luggage-rack" asked grandfather.
"No. hes in his cage in the bullock cart" said grandmother.Grandfather took a quick glance at the roof f the car.
"nothing up there. I am sure i heard the parrrot talking" said grandfather.
Grandfather had driven some way ahead when the chuckling started again, followed by a squeaky little voice. We all heard it. It was the pret talking to itself
"lets go lets go!" it squeaked gleefully." a new house! i cant wait to see it. What fun r we going to have!!

dax
Adv. Member

Posting Frequency

FRIENDS FOREVER

View Profile Stats
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2006, 09:49:36 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi Aditi..
I swear, the story was so nice and funny. Somewhat similar to the tales of Swami!
Sorry, I read it a bit late. Sad
Thanx for your efforts and pls. accept my +. Pls. see if you can post more such short stories.
Good wishes.  Smiley

*AdiTi*
Super Elite Member

Posting Frequency

Mood
Angel

Topic starter

View Profile Stats
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2006, 10:48:14 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

hey thanx dax...no probs. i guess u r the only soul who reads books discussion..

FragLimit
The Lone Warrior
FOTN Trendsetter

Posting Frequency

Mood
FragLimit Again!!

View Profile Stats
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2006, 05:01:32 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

hey thanx dax...no probs. i guess u r the only soul who reads books discussion..
Now that isn't entirely true, Aditi... I do too...

abhirocks

Posting Frequency

Life is short live it up

View Profile Stats
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2006, 11:31:13 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

dont forget me yaar

Chill Out!!
Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.

Ruchika81

Posting Frequency

View Profile Stats
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2008, 11:00:20 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I just love to read them
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Choose Board Name to Jump to:  

+ Quick Reply
With a Quick-Reply you can use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post, but much more conveniently.
BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough|GlowShadowMarquee|Preformatted TextLeft AlignCenteredRight Align|Horizontal Rule|
Insert FlashInsert ImageInsert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert FTP Link|Insert TableInsert Table RowInsert Table Column|SuperscriptSubscriptTeletype|Insert CodeInsert Quote|Insert List
Smiley Wink Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry Evil Afro clap Thumbs Up! lol dance [more]
Latest PostsTime
Al-Baghdadi is a Mossad agent! by Megg (The Newsroom) Today at 03:05:57 AM
Blasphemy case: Death convict Aasia freed by Sarky (The Newsroom) Today at 02:18:40 AM
Pakistani court upholds death sentence for Christian woman accused of .... by Sarky (The Newsroom) Today at 02:16:10 AM
Teacher fired for starring in vintage erotic films by Megg (The Newsroom) Today at 02:04:26 AM
Russia's Vladimir Putin links gays to pedophiles!!! by Megg (The Newsroom) Today at 01:30:44 AM
Spinach as a Natural Ayurvedic Medicine by sophia (Health and Fitness) Today at 12:41:58 AM
TOP 20 HEALTH BENEFITS OF GUAVA by sophia (Health and Fitness) Today at 12:40:10 AM
Popular Topics in the last 24 Hours
Science, Technology and Islam-----Seeding the Renaissance !!
Supreme Court paves way for gay marriage
Al-Baghdadi is a Mossad agent!
YM Mittal123 ji Fan Club ^-^ *-* ^-^
Was Jesus really born?
Gay couple ‘thrown off London bus for kissing’!!
South Indian Actress Lucky Sharma

Participate in the fastest growing Indian forums! This website is 100% Free. Please register or login using the login box above if you have already registered. You will need to be logged in to reply, make new topics and to access all the boards. Registration is free!

Click to register
To sign up to the Yahoo Group FunOnTheNet (to receive fun E-Mails everyday), enter your email address below.