Welcome Guest, Register and Log In to View Images, Make Posts and fully experience FunOnTheNet! This site is 100% free!
funonthenet

Funonthenet Community
FunOnTheNet Community
October 24, 2014, 05:29:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the FunOnTheNet Indian Discussion Forums! The largest, fastest and best discussion forums for India and the world!

New Users check out the - Forum Help Guide and the Forum FAQ/Tutorial

Home   Help Calendar Arcade Recent Topics Staff List Login Register  

Live Auto Updating Latest Topics!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: How to stop female foeticide ?  (Read 22609 times)
yayaavar
FOTN Trendsetter

Posting Frequency

Topic starter

View Profile Stats
« on: August 23, 2008, 03:04:02 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Sordid tale of female foeticide in country's capital Delhi

Read today following survey report about Delhi which many of u who subscribe to HT must have also read:

Hoardings-invest Rs.500 now for sex determination to save Rs.50000 later.

Delhi sex ratio 868 girls/ 1000 boys against all India ratio of 933/1000.Haryana still worse with 820/1000.

out of total recorded abortions in delhi 54% was of girls,17.5% of boys and remaining undetermined.Delhi's record of female foeticide is higher than Haryana. 

out of above 61% were done in private clinics minting money.

90% women prefer boys to girl to rpvide them support in old age while 78% prefer boys because they bring dowry whereas in case of girl it becomes drain on family resources.

89% men prefer boys to girls as they carry their name ,88% for providing support in old age,60% because of boys family resource does not go out of family.

Yeh hai Dilli desh Ka dil

Yahan bahut padhe likhe ,paise wale, cultured, modern looking Hifi log rahate hai.
Trisha *
FOTN Hero

Posting Frequency

View Profile Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 04:19:07 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Thnx Yayaavar fot putting this  topic in discussion forum i have been writing abt this so am looking forward what others think abt it specially when it is abt Delhi ....not abt a remote village in  India .

May all be happy, and none face any sorrow.
May all be disease-free, and full of prosperity.
May all see goodness everywhere, and follow the path of honesty.
May no living being in the entire world be in grief.

- Daily Vedic Prayer.

yayaavar
FOTN Trendsetter

Posting Frequency

Topic starter

View Profile Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 04:24:19 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Thnx Yayaavar fot putting this  topic in discussion forum i have been writing abt this so am looking forward what others think abt it specially when it is abt Delhi ....not abt a remote village in  India .
let's us wait for the reaction of members on this burning topic.
KING AND KING

Posting Frequency

View Profile Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 07:56:58 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Since last 20 years it is going on which you have mention,here you are not new to raise the same issue but if you wants to become a human which can save the same.
 Here I am not critisizing you man but I am criticising the issue which you raised here on this board. NOW the question is that why this ratio of male and female is so critical in which directly Govt of India involved and every one looking the game of this kind which going on.

Here it is not a question of delhi and surrounding alone it is the issue of whole nation
  on the plateform of INTERNATIONAL as the Image of India.

In last my reply is that if you wants your own survival on this earth than come forward and save the FEMALE CHILD at any cost. It may be in DELHI and also any where and at any corner of our NATION INDIA.

Now the slogan comes out that SAVE GIRL SAVE HUMANITY.

thanks.
Anand VP
FOTN Junky

FOTN PrinceFOTN Debator

Posting Frequency

Mood
Knowledge is, but darkness visible

View Profile Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 12:42:44 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Yes this topic has come up before so what it is a burning issue and ought to be addressed.Trisha with all her sensitivity and pain has done it too.
Delhi is just an example of a widespread disease in our society.
The biggest culprit is the woman again..she herself as a mother is against the female child.Look at the statistics above..

90% women prefer boys to girl to provide them support in old age while 78% prefer boys because they bring dowry whereas in case of girl it becomes drain on family resources.

My foot to this thought commonly prevalent.In the modern times the boys loyalty shifts towards the wife and her wants and gradually the attachment with the parents takes a back seat.So one may not get that support one seeks from a male sibling whereas the female child is more loving and caring for her own parents and tries to help them especially if they have no support.Seen it all around in life.

89% men prefer boys to girls as they carry their name ,88% for providing support in old age,60% because of boys family resource does not go out of family.

Name..huh Am i a super human being whose genes have to traverse the earth till eternity.Bunkum.I trash the thought.I and most like me can safely vanish from this earth without any loss to the nature  Smiley
Like they say..surkhab ke par nahi lage hain mujh mein  Smiley
Why dont most of us think like that.
A journey from life to death is spent hoarding and holiding on to things which do not belong to us..the worldly goods were there for us to enjoy and take care of them as a traveler does to the stuff in the hotel room..just temporarily takes care of them.One does not try to leave a engraving on the hotel wall..I was here.Similarly with life too. Smiley
When one is dead and gone who is bothered weather my name is taken or travels in this world.Produce a male child to carry on the baton of your life which is there no more Huh
What is the guarantee that the guy is not going to become the biggest murderer,criminal,politician(for me that word is an abuse  Smiley)
Sop all this nam lene wala is bunkum.While you live help other live that would be life's biggest contribution one can make while living.
Support in old age..that is our selfishness.Give children wings and let them fly.If they look back at us in old age that is bonus.I as a parent have no right to stop there flight.

Family resources staying in the family...that is our material false attachment.In one quirk of luck families get wiped of in accidents,calamities,disease etc.Then why such false attachment.
Do ones best rest can rest with the Creator Smiley

Female is our superior kind..superior to a male..spare her please.First and foremost the females should revolt against this practice.

What do you all say?
K to Yayaavar,Trisha and King your first k.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 10:56:23 PM by Anand VP » Logged

*"Rising to eminence by merit, you will live respected & die, regretted!"*

Unburden your thoughts !!

Xpress Yourself.....Whisper/speak/yell/scream here!!

KING AND KING

Posting Frequency

View Profile Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 01:57:34 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I will not say thanks for karma, but I will say no karma to me in future please.

Save girl and Save the Humanity.

Here, there and every where.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 01:59:24 AM by KING AND KING » Logged
Anand VP
FOTN Junky

FOTN PrinceFOTN Debator

Posting Frequency

Mood

View Profile Stats
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 02:05:30 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I will not say thanks for karma, but I will say no karma to me in future please.

The k is for appreciation of your post here that is what they are added for.If you are averse to them -fine.

I work on it extensively as my profession gives me ample opportunities.With a group of my collegues including gynaecologists we are working relentlessly in the urban as well as our rural society to generate awareness.By Gods grace,Our efforts have contributions at National level too.
I respect your concern though.

yayaavar
FOTN Trendsetter

Posting Frequency

Topic starter

View Profile Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 07:16:18 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Since last 20 years it is going on which you have mention,here you are not new to raise the same issue but if you wants to become a human which can save the same.
 Here I am not critisizing you man but I am criticising the issue which you raised here on this board. NOW the question is that why this ratio of male and female is so critical in which directly Govt of India involved and every one looking the game of this kind which going on.

Here it is not a question of delhi and surrounding alone it is the issue of whole nation

In last my reply is that if you wants your own survival on this earth than come forward and save the FEMALE CHILD at any cost. It may be in DELHI and also any where and at any corner of our NATION INDIA.

thanks.

Mr. King & King ur remarks specially the highlighted are unwarranted.This is a discussion forum where people freely discuss issues in a friendly atmosphere..U don't have to be personal in remarks even if u don't like any post or applaud.
U are new to FOTN;before becoming stingy,first understand the ambevience in which posts are shared by members and applauded .
Gargii

Posting Frequency

View Profile Stats
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 09:31:27 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

ok so tell wht u r doin for it ?at least we ppl wl learn frm u .
Anand VP
FOTN Junky

FOTN PrinceFOTN Debator

Posting Frequency

Mood

View Profile Stats
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 11:09:07 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

thanks.

Mr. King & King ur remarks specially the highlighted are unwarranted.This is a discussion forum where people freely discuss issues in a friendly atmosphere..U don't have to be personal in remarks even if u don't like any post or applaud.
U are new to FOTN;before becoming stingy,first understand the ambevience in which posts are shared by members and applauded .

I too have a small remark to make here in agreement with Yayaawar's stand.The purpose of the discussion board is to mutually learn and stimulate.The truth or solutions or the semblance of them, emerge through exchange of ideas.
All of are free to put topics of our own interest.if one is not receptive to it one may not participate in the discussion.
The terse and sharp remarks are not needed from anyone or for any one.
We try to be one big friendly place here, with minds which may differ from each other but that disagreement should be respected.
I hope all of us will keep that in mind.

Estella welcome to the discussion board Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Choose Board Name to Jump to:  

+ Quick Reply
With a Quick-Reply you can use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post, but much more conveniently.
BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough|GlowShadowMarquee|Preformatted TextLeft AlignCenteredRight Align|Horizontal Rule|
Insert FlashInsert ImageInsert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert FTP Link|Insert TableInsert Table RowInsert Table Column|SuperscriptSubscriptTeletype|Insert CodeInsert Quote|Insert List
Smiley Wink Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry Evil Afro clap Thumbs Up! lol dance [more]
Latest PostsTime
Religion: Are we better off without it? by Sarky (General Discussion) Today at 05:24:39 PM
Religion: Are we better off without it? by Megg (General Discussion) Today at 05:22:14 PM
Religion: Are we better off without it? by bugmenot (General Discussion) Today at 05:19:11 PM
A SCARY PICTURE FOLKS! by bugmenot (General Discussion) Today at 05:11:12 PM
just 3 words!!! by wnderman (Chain Forum Games) Today at 05:09:37 PM
A SCARY PICTURE FOLKS! by Sarky (General Discussion) Today at 05:02:13 PM
Religion: Are we better off without it? by Megg (General Discussion) Today at 04:57:21 PM
Popular Topics in the last 24 Hours
Religion: Are we better off without it?
British Couple Found Dead In Indian Hotel Room
Teacher fired for starring in vintage erotic films
Al-Baghdadi is a Mossad agent!
Russia's Vladimir Putin links gays to pedophiles!!!
Happy Diwali to All (23.10.2014)
Supreme Court paves way for gay marriage

Participate in the fastest growing Indian forums! This website is 100% Free. Please register or login using the login box above if you have already registered. You will need to be logged in to reply, make new topics and to access all the boards. Registration is free!

Click to register
To sign up to the Yahoo Group FunOnTheNet (to receive fun E-Mails everyday), enter your email address below.