Welcome Guest, Register and Log In to View Images, Make Posts and fully experience FunOnTheNet! This site is 100% free!
funonthenet

Funonthenet Community
FunOnTheNet Community
April 27, 2017, 12:34:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the FunOnTheNet Indian Discussion Forums! The largest, fastest and best discussion forums for India and the world!

New Users check out the - Forum Help Guide and the Forum FAQ/Tutorial

Home   Help Calendar Arcade Recent Topics Staff List Login Register  

Live Auto Updating Latest Topics!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommendations  (Read 65196 times)
~ e$ha ~
FOTN Trendsetter

Posting Frequency

Mood

View Profile Stats
« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2007, 10:58:35 PM »

Last week @ shopping mall, i ended up taking a book, which seemed quite interesting to me .... well ! i not only found it interesting but very inspiring .. leart a few lessons Wink

A novel by Rajashree 'Trust Me'

Rajashree's been a hindi film buff .. She has been working in mumbai after studying direction at FTII, pune. A film she wrote & directed , The Rebel, won a National Award & was screened at many film festivals. Trust Me is her first Novel.

I enjoyed it sooooooo much.. it was more of viewing a film only Tongue A very lighhearted, very entertaining romantic comedy. A funny take on errant men & a woman who has learnt her lesson, the hard way, ..Trust Me ... is about finding love, dealing with lust & knowing the difference !!

A girl who has learnt her lessons late in life... but she has learnt it well - all men are b*&^%&*. her life goes on & how ppl she had trusted in took her for granted, & how tough it becomes to fell in love with a boy who claimes to have fallen in love with her.

A full of homour click & sooooooo realistic.. even i could see my reflection somewhere in tht girl..  Roll Eyes  Tongue
Sponsored-
*AdiTi*
Super Elite Member

Posting Frequency

Mood
Angel

Topic starter

View Profile Stats
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2007, 07:55:20 AM »

hehe..sounds good.. i'd love to read it too  Smiley

Aditi is the sky, Aditi is the ocean, Aditi is all the gods and the five tribes. Aditi is everything that has been born Aditi is everything that shall be born!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.aditideore.blogspot.com

Ankit @Lonley
Adv. Member

Posting Frequency

Mood
Walking Alone

View Profile Stats
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2007, 08:33:02 AM »

Yup Sounds interesting  Smiley Cool

Don't Walk as if you r the king But
walk as if you don't care who's the king

.♥Aman♥.
FOTN Trendsetter

Posting Frequency

When love is not madness, it is not love.

View Profile Stats
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2007, 08:43:02 AM »

Last week @ shopping mall, i ended up taking a book, which seemed quite interesting to me .... well ! i not only found it interesting but very inspiring .. leart a few lessons Wink

A novel by Rajashree 'Trust Me'

Rajashree's been a hindi film buff .. She has been working in mumbai after studying direction at FTII, pune. A film she wrote & directed , The Rebel, won a National Award & was screened at many film festivals. Trust Me is her first Novel.

I enjoyed it sooooooo much.. it was more of viewing a film only Tongue A very lighhearted, very entertaining romantic comedy. A funny take on errant men & a woman who has learnt her lesson, the hard way, ..Trust Me ... is about finding love, dealing with lust & knowing the difference !!

A girl who has learnt her lessons late in life... but she has learnt it well - all men are b*&^%&*. her life goes on & how ppl she had trusted in took her for granted, & how tough it becomes to fell in love with a boy who claimes to have fallen in love with her.

A full of homour click & sooooooo realistic.. even i could see my reflection somewhere in tht girl..  Roll Eyes  Tongue

Kiss Kiss Kiss Lovely  Grin

thn 4 sharing it  Afro

If you take your eyes off your goals, all you see is obstacles

~Juno~
FOTN Trailblazer

Posting Frequency

Mood

View Profile Stats
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2007, 08:43:06 AM »

A very lighhearted, very entertaining romantic comedy. A funny take on errant men & a woman who has learnt her lesson, the hard way, ..Trust Me ... is about finding love, dealing with lust & knowing the difference !!

sounds exactly the one i would die to read....

~ e$ha ~
FOTN Trendsetter

Posting Frequency

Mood

View Profile Stats
« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2007, 01:20:18 PM »

Thanx guysss..  Wink
Phoenix23
Adv. Member

Posting Frequency

Mood

View Profile Stats
« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2007, 01:44:21 PM »

"Kite Runners"  Nice book... I like it.........!!! Grin

nice recommendations Aditi... i read khalid hussein's both books nd they were lovely.. especially his first one "The kite runner". Wud definitely go for "The inscutable americans".. by the way +K dear  Afro

Phir na laut aayegi ye tanhaaiee

Apni khusbu  ke jazeeron mein mujhe bekhud kardo

Phoenix23
Adv. Member

Posting Frequency

Mood

View Profile Stats
« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2007, 12:40:12 PM »

"The Namesake" -Jhumpa Lahiri

A story about a guy named of a Russian writer, who lives in USA with his bengali heritity.

Phir na laut aayegi ye tanhaaiee

Apni khusbu  ke jazeeron mein mujhe bekhud kardo

*AdiTi*
Super Elite Member

Posting Frequency

Mood
Angel

Topic starter

View Profile Stats
« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2007, 01:43:13 PM »

The Namesake is a nice book... but i personally didnt enjoy it much.. neway will add the reviews soon

Aditi is the sky, Aditi is the ocean, Aditi is all the gods and the five tribes. Aditi is everything that has been born Aditi is everything that shall be born!!!!!!!!!!!!

*AdiTi*
Super Elite Member

Posting Frequency

Mood
Angel

Topic starter

View Profile Stats
« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2007, 05:28:57 PM »

One of the most anticipated books of the year, Lahiri's first novel (after 1999's Pulitzer Prize-winning Interpreter of Maladies) amounts to less than the sum of its parts. Hopscotching across 25 years, it begins when newlyweds Ashoke and Ashima Ganguli emigrate to Cambridge, Mass., in 1968, where Ashima immediately gives birth to a son, Gogol-a pet name that becomes permanent when his formal name, traditionally bestowed by the maternal grandmother, is posted in a letter from India, but lost in transit. Ashoke becomes a professor of engineering, but Ashima has a harder time assimilating, unwilling to give up her ties to India. A leap ahead to the '80s finds the teenage Gogol ashamed of his Indian heritage and his unusual name, which he sheds as he moves on to college at Yale and graduate school at Columbia, legally changing it to Nikhil. In one of the most telling chapters, Gogol moves into the home of a family of wealthy Manhattan WASPs and is initiated into a lifestyle idealized in Ralph Lauren ads. Here, Lahiri demonstrates her considerable powers of perception and her ability to convey the discomfort of feeling "other" in a world many would aspire to inhabit. After the death of Gogol's father interrupts this interlude, Lahiri again jumps ahead a year, quickly moving Gogol into marriage, divorce and a role as a dutiful if a bit guilt-stricken son. This small summary demonstrates what is most flawed about the novel: jarring pacing that leaves too many emotional voids between chapters. Lahiri offers a number of beautiful and moving tableaus, but these fail to coalesce into something more than a modest family saga. By any other writer, this would be hailed as a promising debut, but it fails to clear the exceedingly high bar set by her previous work.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16   Go Up
  Print  

Choose Board Name to Jump to:  

Latest PostsTime
Smart Eating Habits by bred (Health and Fitness) Today at 11:48:18 AM
Smart Eating Habits by bred (Health and Fitness) Today at 11:46:46 AM
GOOD MORNING by ymmittal123 (Amazing, Breathtaking, Cute, etc.) Today at 05:32:23 AM
Har Khwab Mein Tera Deedar Kiya Karte Hain, by wnderman (Shayari) Yesterday at 09:26:08 PM
OM - Old Melodies by wnderman (The Video Zone) Yesterday at 08:45:20 PM
Har Khwab Mein Tera Deedar Kiya Karte Hain, by ymmittal123 (Shayari) Yesterday at 08:43:27 PM
Har Khwab Mein Tera Deedar Kiya Karte Hain, by wnderman (Shayari) Yesterday at 08:19:22 PM
Popular Topics in the last 24 Hours
YM Mittal123 ji Fan Club ^-^ *-* ^-^
The Vaccine Against Diabetes Has Been Officially Announced and The Entire World
God In You !
FOODIES
Ik baar mujhe bhar ke nazar dekh lene do
OM - Old Melodies
Jiyo Jiyo Jagjit!

Participate in the fastest growing Indian forums! This website is 100% Free. Please register or login using the login box above if you have already registered. You will need to be logged in to reply, make new topics and to access all the boards. Registration is free!

Click to register
To sign up to the Yahoo Group FunOnTheNet (to receive fun E-Mails everyday), enter your email address below.