Welcome Guest, Register and Log In to View Images, Make Posts and fully experience FunOnTheNet! This site is 100% free!
funonthenet

Funonthenet Community
FunOnTheNet Community
April 25, 2014, 08:31:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the FunOnTheNet Indian Discussion Forums! The largest, fastest and best discussion forums for India and the world!

New Users check out the - Forum Help Guide and the Forum FAQ/Tutorial

Home   Help Calendar Arcade Recent Topics Staff List Login Register  

Live Auto Updating Latest Topics!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: STRESS  (Read 59449 times)
*AdiTi*
Super Elite Member

Posting Frequency

Mood
Angel

Topic starter

View Profile Stats
« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2007, 09:02:45 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Thanks yayaavar... well the thing is.. Stress became a disease in the developed nations first coz of the workload and tensions that came along.. it slowly came to india as we started progressing.. the reason indian methods are not effective or not practiced on a larger scale coz they need a lot of concentration and dedication u need to trust the ayurvedic system only thn it shows effects..ppl find it hard to believe tht by doin sum breathing exercises one will be free from a disease as grave as stress...so that is the reason my posts mostly deal with westerm methods .

Aditi is the sky, Aditi is the ocean, Aditi is all the gods and the five tribes. Aditi is everything that has been born Aditi is everything that shall be born!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.aditideore.blogspot.com

yayaavar
FOTN Trendsetter

Posting Frequency

View Profile Stats
« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2007, 10:26:50 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

well said Aditi Afro
Actually as you must be aware that Indian systems of medication were based on Shruti and Smiriti carried over to generation to generation till dark age set in India.
From 11th century onward India became slave to foreign invaders and till 1947 every thing which was based on indigenous systems got destroyed and eclipsed with invaders culture and systems= gaining credence and preference which was quite natural from the view point of victors..During htis dark period what ever documented systems existed were also destroyed by invaders as a flagship of their superiority over vanquished.
Thus when India was passing through dark ages due to foreign rule ,Europe was having renaiss'ance which commenced the cycle of inventions and discoveries and scientific learning in those countrie.Soon Britain had an empire where Sun did not set.
It would explain why we Indians remained backward during 11th century to half of 20th century and still are backward beccause of developed nations superiority gained over centuries  of thorough scientific learning.
Now after economic liberalisation which is a must for any scientific learning, Indian systems are being analysed in labs through scientific process and gaining ground provided left parties which detest every thing Indian and its developement allows it to happen. 
I would like to point out  that China which became free in 1949 adopted their own systems of medication over western systems and very successfully too and at very liitle cost. It proves that for any system to be successful it requires the air breath of the indigenous soil.
well Aditi it's my view point and does not purport to criticise or show western system in poor light.
*AdiTi*
Super Elite Member

Posting Frequency

Mood
Angel

Topic starter

View Profile Stats
« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2007, 10:37:28 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Yes yayaavar.. u r right abt China.. the thing tht happened with us Indians is tht.. we r just too adaptable n love to try out new things.. which led us to learn n adopt western medication..secondly ppl in india are poor in economic terms.. so a labourer cant afford to try out yogic exercises and wait for it to cure for 10days or mebbe even more.. wen his work can be done with a single shot of sum medicine or a single tab..

Aditi is the sky, Aditi is the ocean, Aditi is all the gods and the five tribes. Aditi is everything that has been born Aditi is everything that shall be born!!!!!!!!!!!!

yayaavar
FOTN Trendsetter

Posting Frequency

View Profile Stats
« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2007, 11:44:43 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Aditi,Indian systems is not yoga only.In indian systems like china,there is no dirth of homely prescriptions with little cost.Secondly chinese were as poors as we when they recommenced after geting freedom in 1949 i.e.about two years after yes.
The only difference between chinese and us is that they believed in their systems where as we did not and with the advent of western therapies finding an untaped market in India for such outdated medicines which were banned in their own countries,we forgot our own home made prescriptions.I am sure U are aware that there are many quick help medicines freely available in India which have been banned in USA and Europe.
*AdiTi*
Super Elite Member

Posting Frequency

Mood
Angel

Topic starter

View Profile Stats
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2007, 12:17:24 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

yes u r right..but i m sure everybody knows tht western drugs cure diseases much faster so tht is the reason.. n i wud not agree tht we did not believe in our systems.. it is just tht we wanted to try out new things..

yayaavar
FOTN Trendsetter

Posting Frequency

View Profile Stats
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2007, 12:25:18 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

well friend it's matter of perception.You have a view  Afro and so have I
BK

Posting Frequency

Mood

View Profile Stats
« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2008, 08:11:25 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Talking about breathing. Recently I read an article that talks about reducing stress through breathing. The approach is very systematic.

Got stress? Have you multi-tasked your way right out of the joy of being fully present and fully alive? Is it possible to get off of this merry-go-round of complexity and busy-ness, and by so doing, come away more successful, healthy, and energized?

The answer is a hearty Yes! But first let’s face the dilemma. Traffic jams, technological change, information overload, time-crunch, relationship struggles, and other stressors can jeopardize our vitality, our creativity, our productivity, and our joy while costing individuals and businesses a fortune.

According to a 2001 report from the American Institute of Stress, U.S. businesses pay 300 billion dollars a year in job-related stress costs.

Unmanaged stress can influence the onset of heart attacks and strokes, gastro-intestinal problems, diabetes, insomnia, headaches, and depression, to name a few. Studies show that 75% to 90% of all visits to primary care practitioners are now known to be stress-related.

What is Stress?

When I am doing one of my Three Deep Breaths “Stress-buster” workshops, I often ask participants to tell me how many of the following scenarios cause them stress: having a significant fight with their spouse or boss, taking a vacation on a south pacific beach, being late for a critical meeting, and having finally moved into their dream home.

Most of them will say that only two of those, the fight and being late, cause stress.

But science will state emphatically that all four could cause stress, because stress occurs when any significant change – positive or negative – happens to the mind, body or environment in which we live.

If we are alive, we will have stress. Read the whole article at: http://sleepingwelltonight.blogspot.com/2008/02/lower-your-stress-with-just-three-deep.html

sarahs

Posting Frequency

View Profile Stats
« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2008, 12:33:11 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Thanks
summi

Posting Frequency

Mood

View Profile Stats
« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2008, 06:29:21 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Afro

People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.[/font] [/size] Eleanor Roosevelt, My Day
US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)

ncagarwal
FOTN Learner

Posting Frequency

View Profile Stats
« Reply #119 on: June 12, 2008, 03:53:52 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Thanks i could learn something about stress today.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Choose Board Name to Jump to:  

+ Quick Reply
With a Quick-Reply you can use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post, but much more conveniently.
BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough|GlowShadowMarquee|Preformatted TextLeft AlignCenteredRight Align|Horizontal Rule|
Insert FlashInsert ImageInsert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert FTP Link|Insert TableInsert Table RowInsert Table Column|SuperscriptSubscriptTeletype|Insert CodeInsert Quote|Insert List
Smiley Wink Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry Evil Afro clap Thumbs Up! lol dance [more]
Latest PostsTime
Abu Azmi: Any woman who,s raped should be hanged by kalifa6666 (The Newsroom) Today at 08:29:54 AM
Abu Azmi: Any woman who,s raped should be hanged by kalifa6666 (The Newsroom) Today at 08:29:11 AM
Abu Azmi: Any woman who,s raped should be hanged by kalifa6666 (The Newsroom) Today at 08:27:48 AM
Beautiful Turnip Rock on Lake Huron by ymmittal123 (Amazing, Breathtaking, Cute, etc.) Today at 08:00:10 AM
Abu Azmi: Any woman who,s raped should be hanged by madhav96001 (The Newsroom) Today at 05:44:34 AM
Abu Azmi: Any woman who,s raped should be hanged by madhav96001 (The Newsroom) Today at 05:41:24 AM
Correct your information about Islam Religion, by madhav96001 (General Discussion) Today at 04:56:48 AM
Popular Topics in the last 24 Hours
Correct your information about Islam Religion,
Love shayari collection
North London couple, 12 and 13, become UK’s youngest ever parents!!
Barsaat Shayari collection
NEEND, DIL Aur WAQT
: एक औरत के सरल प्रश्न जो आपके दिल को छू लेगें
Beyond the truth of our own truth

Participate in the fastest growing Indian forums! This website is 100% Free. Please register or login using the login box above if you have already registered. You will need to be logged in to reply, make new topics and to access all the boards. Registration is free!

Click to register
To sign up to the Yahoo Group FunOnTheNet (to receive fun E-Mails everyday), enter your email address below.