Welcome Guest, Register and Log In to View Images, Make Posts and fully experience FunOnTheNet! This site is 100% free!
funonthenet

Funonthenet Community
FunOnTheNet Community
April 25, 2014, 08:31:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the FunOnTheNet Indian Discussion Forums! The largest, fastest and best discussion forums for India and the world!

New Users check out the - Forum Help Guide and the Forum FAQ/Tutorial

Home   Help Calendar Arcade Recent Topics Staff List Login Register  

Live Auto Updating Latest Topics!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Why isnt India a Happier Nation?  (Read 2000 times)
Sarky
FOTN Hero

Posting Frequency

Mood
Topic starter

View Profile Stats
« on: April 13, 2012, 04:11:18 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

In the list of the worlds happiest nations India ranked 115.

Scandinavian countries were ranked the happiest in the world.

People from 155 countries were asked to measure their overall satisfaction with their lives with scores from 1 to 10.

The amount of people in India who were struggling and suffering were no higher than people from other countries

The amount that were thriving were quite high, so why is India such an unhappy nation i ask?

In order these are the worlds most happiest nations

Denmark
Finland
Norway
Sweden
Netherlands
Costa Rica
New Zealand
Canada
Israel
Australia
Switzerland
Panama
Brazil
USA
Austria
Belgium
United Kingdom

So...How do you feel today? How did you feel yesterday? Do you think you could be happier? Are you happy now?

yayaavar
FOTN Trendsetter

Posting Frequency

View Profile Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 12:22:35 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

How can India with around 40 croes underfed people and nearly as much illeterates , health and  hygien missing in post part of the country including metros  and above all corruption in every walk of life come under happy nation category?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 12:25:06 PM by yayaavar » Logged
simscadet
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 12:26:54 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

wow. what a reply.
❤❤☼DIPU☼❤❤
FOTN Legend

---- Level II ----
Posting Frequency

Mood
JAI BHARAT

View Profile Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 12:27:31 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Huh

faddie
Super Elite Member

Posting Frequency

View Profile Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 12:30:35 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

How can India with around 40 croes underfed people and nearly as much illeterates , health and  hygien missing in post part of the country including metros  and above all corruption in every walk of life come under happy nation category?

Most certainly a hungry stomach accompanied by those of kids and elderly in a household cannot give way to happiness and our netas and busy scamming billions of rupees depriving our countryman of their basic needs  Angry Angry
kev
FOTN Legend

FOTN Most Creative MemberFOTN PrincessFOTN Best Writer

---- Level II ----
Posting Frequency

Life is not a bed of roses...but it's worth living

View Profile Stats
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 12:39:17 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

How can India with around 40 croes underfed people and nearly as much illeterates , health and  hygien missing in post part of the country including metros  and above all corruption in every walk of life come under happy nation category?
Thumbs Up! k added for the reply.  I have another stand on the topic.

True, but then, there must be segments of people in highly ranked countries like Denmark who are unsatisfied.  Man, by definition, is on the lookout for better prospects in life, causing him to be discontented with what he already has at hand & undermining his happiness.  Hence, the definition of happiness must be defined. Is it spiritual, financial or material happiness that's being gauged?

Do you think you could be happier? Are you happy now?

As a Mtian, I am happy when I look at economic giants feeling the brunt of crises since 07 while we, who usually whine about our isolated geo location, are relatively better off with no massive job cuts.

As a student, am not happy for I am on the continuous lookout for ways to improve my grades  Tongue

As a human being, I am happy for my tummy is not croaking for food and if unsatisfied of the  food cooked at home, I can always fix myself some quick meal.

As a social animal, I again am not happy for I see social vices around me and am helpless for my education empowers me to think but not to act for the betterment of my society  Lips Sealed

Flower Be Kinder than Necessary; everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle. Flower

Sarky
FOTN Hero

Posting Frequency

Mood
Topic starter

View Profile Stats
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 12:43:55 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

How can India with around 40 croes underfed people and nearly as much illeterates , health and  hygien missing in post part of the country including metros  and above all corruption in every walk of life come under happy nation category?
There are lots of countries on the list that have extreme poverty. For example, many parts of Africa but the overall happiness of their people and satisfaction in their everyday lives were much higher.
Costa Rica and Brazil also have poverty but are in the top of the list scoring higher than the UK.
It was about peoples happiness in their everyday lives eg: Their marriage, their work, in their minds.
The people of Somalia were as happy as the people of Japan! There is a vast difference in their lifestyles....
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 12:48:46 PM by Sarky » Logged
abhishek63
Adv. Member

Posting Frequency

Mood

View Profile Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 06:36:30 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Why are you so sad about this news,If we live a happy life than India will be happy country in few years,be happy,I want to know only one thing as what procedure is used in this calculation.
application of differentiation
wnderman
FOTN Hero

Posting Frequency

View Profile Stats
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 08:38:15 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

* Happy Indians!

The "Happiness Index" though finds India with slightly shifting positions compared to the previously scored ones but largely it is believed that life in India is less stressful. In a recent survey it was found that the Indians are the second most happiest people on earth after the Americans. The US people might have scored over the Indians because of the comforts and the abundance of resources available in their country, but culture, religion, faith, domestic and community life and, above all, the Indian lifestyle, coupled with a feeling of contentment, perhaps, are the major contributing factors in this country. These factors enable the people in India to lead a less stressful life compared to that in the West.

Talking of India, Mark Twain says: “Land of dreams and romance. The country of a hundred nations and a hundred tongues; of a thousand religions and two million gods. Cradle of human race, birthplace of human speech, mother of history, grandmother of legend, great grandmother of tradition; the land that all men desire to see and having seen once by even a glimpse, would not give that glimpse for the shows of all the rest of the globe combined.”

- http://www.instablogs.com/entry/happy-indians/
------
 Smiley Cool Thumbs Up!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 08:49:41 AM by wnderman » Logged
Sarky
FOTN Hero

Posting Frequency

Mood
Topic starter

View Profile Stats
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 10:52:43 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

* Happy Indians!

The "Happiness Index" though finds India with slightly shifting positions compared to the previously scored ones but largely it is believed that life in India is less stressful. In a recent survey it was found that the Indians are the second most happiest people on earth after the Americans. The US people might have scored over the Indians because of the comforts and the abundance of resources available in their country, but culture, religion, faith, domestic and community life and, above all, the Indian lifestyle, coupled with a feeling of contentment, perhaps, are the major contributing factors in this country. These factors enable the people in India to lead a less stressful life compared to that in the West.

Talking of India, Mark Twain says: “Land of dreams and romance. The country of a hundred nations and a hundred tongues; of a thousand religions and two million gods. Cradle of human race, birthplace of human speech, mother of history, grandmother of legend, great grandmother of tradition; the land that all men desire to see and having seen once by even a glimpse, would not give that glimpse for the shows of all the rest of the globe combined.”

- http://www.instablogs.com/entry/happy-indians/
------
 Smiley Cool  Thumbs Up!
Thumbs Up! clap
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Choose Board Name to Jump to:  

+ Quick Reply
With a Quick-Reply you can use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post, but much more conveniently.
BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough|GlowShadowMarquee|Preformatted TextLeft AlignCenteredRight Align|Horizontal Rule|
Insert FlashInsert ImageInsert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert FTP Link|Insert TableInsert Table RowInsert Table Column|SuperscriptSubscriptTeletype|Insert CodeInsert Quote|Insert List
Smiley Wink Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry Evil Afro clap Thumbs Up! lol dance [more]
Latest PostsTime
Abu Azmi: Any woman who,s raped should be hanged by kalifa6666 (The Newsroom) Today at 08:29:54 AM
Abu Azmi: Any woman who,s raped should be hanged by kalifa6666 (The Newsroom) Today at 08:29:11 AM
Abu Azmi: Any woman who,s raped should be hanged by kalifa6666 (The Newsroom) Today at 08:27:48 AM
Beautiful Turnip Rock on Lake Huron by ymmittal123 (Amazing, Breathtaking, Cute, etc.) Today at 08:00:10 AM
Abu Azmi: Any woman who,s raped should be hanged by madhav96001 (The Newsroom) Today at 05:44:34 AM
Abu Azmi: Any woman who,s raped should be hanged by madhav96001 (The Newsroom) Today at 05:41:24 AM
Correct your information about Islam Religion, by madhav96001 (General Discussion) Today at 04:56:48 AM
Popular Topics in the last 24 Hours
Correct your information about Islam Religion,
Love shayari collection
North London couple, 12 and 13, become UK’s youngest ever parents!!
Barsaat Shayari collection
NEEND, DIL Aur WAQT
: एक औरत के सरल प्रश्न जो आपके दिल को छू लेगें
Beyond the truth of our own truth

Participate in the fastest growing Indian forums! This website is 100% Free. Please register or login using the login box above if you have already registered. You will need to be logged in to reply, make new topics and to access all the boards. Registration is free!

Click to register
To sign up to the Yahoo Group FunOnTheNet (to receive fun E-Mails everyday), enter your email address below.