The people on pedestals, the ones we all put up there for all their contributions to various things, in their last moments or the last captured moment of their lives - last pictures of famous people.
1. This photo of a very weak Steve Jobs was taken on August 26th, 2011 just outside his home in California. He was being helped by a friend to get into a car. He passed away on the 5th of October, 2011.
2. This photo was taken while Mahatma Gandhi was on his way to a prayer meeting. His assassin, Nathuram Godse, as seen in the pic, was holding a Beretta 9mm which he used to kill Gandhi. He fired 3 shots into the Mahatma's chest.
3. Oddly enough, the man that shot John Lennon was in his last photo alive, seen asking him for an autograph. A few hours later, Mark David Chapman shot 40 year old John Lennon on the 8th of December 1980.
4. This photo, of a smiling Freddy Mercury, was taken in 1991. Mercury died at the age of 45 at his home in Kensington. The official cause of death was bronchial pneumonia resulting from AIDS.
5. This black and white photo of Vladimir Lenin, a Russian communist revolutionary, politician and political theorist, was taken at a stage where he had suffered 3 strokes already. At this precise moment captured, Lenin was completely mute. He died at the age of 53.
6. Our favorite crocodile hunter who died in 2006 is seen in this picture with marine biologist Chris Jones. This is last photo of Steve Irwin alive before he died on the 4th of September 2006 after being pierced in the chest by a stingray barb while filming an underwater documentary film.
7. Taken approximately 2 days before his death, this photo shows Adolf Hitler as he stands outside his Berlin bunker entrance surveying the devastating bomb damage.
8. Known for his famous characters, Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn, this is the last known photo of Mark Twain before he died of a heart attack in 1910.
9. Taken in March 1955, this is a photo of Albert Einstein at his home in Princeton, New Jersey, a month before experiencing rupture of an aortic aneurysm.
10. This photo of Marilyn Monroe, was taken during a visit with Frank Sinatra and jazz pianist Buddy Greco the weekend before her death, on August 5, 1962. Authorities put down the cause of death as "acute barbiturate poisoning", resulting from a probable suicide.
11. This photo of The Doors' Jim Morrison and his girlfriend Pamel Courson was taken by a friend in the small village of Saint-Leud'Esserent. While is one of several to be taken that day, it is thought to be the last known photo of Morrison – five days later he was found dead because of a heroin overdose, having inhaled what he believed to be cocaine.
12. Jimi Hendrix's girlfriend snapped the last photograph of him with his favorite instrument, nicknamed “Black Betty," the day before he died.